- GIS Shapefiles Available for BWFS and RFMP (May 2013) (April 2013) (PDF, 813K)
- State-Led Basin-Wide Feasibility Studies Brochure(April 2013) (PDF, 5MB)
- BWFS/CS Technical Workshop – May 2, 2013
- BWFS/CS Orientation Webinar Audio and Presentation Available
- State-Led Basin-Wide Feasibility Studies Fact Sheet (April 2013) (PDF, 813K)
A cornerstone of the FloodSAFE California initiative, the Central Valley Flood Management Planning (CVFMP) Program provided the structure for the successful development and adoption of the 2012 Central Valley Flood Protection Plan (CVFPP). The CVFMP Program was launched in 2008 to guide, manage and implement integrated flood management actions for the Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys as required by passage of legislation in 2007. CVFMP is now assisting in the planning and coordination of major implementation actions of the 2012 CVFPP, including State-led Basin-wide Feasibility Studies (BWFS), locally-led Regional Flood Management Planning, and the Central Valley Flood System Conservation Strategy. Each of these planning efforts will be incorporated into the next update of the CVFPP, which is scheduled for 2017. Implementation of CVFPP actions have already begun and will be expanded after the 2017 Plan is updated.
If you have comments, suggestions or concerns about CVFMP, please email us, or send a letter to the mailing address shown in the left menu.